The Meaning Behind the Different Colors of Roses
Every rose means something a little different. As you’re making your selections for Valentine’s Day, you’ll want to keep each color’s symbolism in mind. Fortunately, we will provide you with the following helpful guide so that you can easily choose the roses that hold the most symbolism for your friends, family and loved ones.
- Red: Red roses are the most traditional Valentine’s Day flower, and with good reason. This color represents romance, love, beauty and perfection. It is sometimes said that dark red roses represent humility or unconscious beauty.
- Orange: Bright, fiery orange represents life, energy, passion and excitement. Give these roses to someone irresistible. Softer shades, like peach, are used to express sincerity or gratitude, while pastel peach is considered a modest color.
- Yellow: The warmth of the yellow rose symbolizes friendship, joy and gladness. These flowers can also be used as a sign of remembrance or affection.
- White: White roses come with a variety of meanings, including purity, innocence, grace and humility. Because these flowers have long been popular for weddings, they have also come to represent new beginnings and budding love.
- Pink: Pink roses are given to express your admiration of someone’s refinement, elegance or femininity. Darker shades of pink convey a sense of appreciation, while pale pinks are generally used to give a sense of admiration, joy or gentleness.
- Lavender: In the language of flowers, lavender roses are used to tell someone that you’re enchanted by them. They also represent desire and love at first sight.
Mixed or Blended Colors
Sometimes a rose of one color isn’t enough to say what you mean. You’re free to mix and match Valentine’s roses as much as you like, but keep in mind that some combinations have meanings all their own. For instance, a bouquet of red and white roses represents unity, which makes this combination a wonderful choice for someone who has been by your side through the years. A mixture of red and yellow roses represents happiness, and when you give yellow roses with orange or red tips, you’re telling that person that your feelings of friendship are turning to into love.
This Valentine’s Day, find the perfect roses to express your feelings at Billy Heroman’s Flowers & Gifts. Browse our website to see a variety of delightful arrangements or stop in at one of our three locations to see roses in every color of the rainbow!