As we approach Valentine’ Day, Billy Heroman’s thought you might find some of the holiday statistics interesting.
- Valentine’s Day is second only to Christmas for amount spent on greeting cards.
- Most greeting cards are purchased within days of the holiday.
- 62% of adults admit to celebrating Valentine’s Day.
- Gift givers will spend about as much on jewelry as they will on flowers.
- February 14th is the top selling day for fresh flowers, with roses making up the largest percentage of that number.
Red roses are known as the traditional flower of Valentine’s Day, primarily due to their association with the Roman goddess of love, Venus. Representing love and passion, long stemmed red roses are the overwhelming favorite bouquet on this day.
If you are committed to giving roses, but want to make a more creative statement, this arrangement adds exotic stargazer lilies in a floral display sure to impress. Stargazers lilies symbolize high hopes and limitless possibilities; when paired with the passionate rose, the bouquet beautifully represents optimistic love.
With Valentine’s Day right around the corner, you won’t want to wait too long to get your order in. Here is a great hint – Valentine’s Day falls on a Sunday this year, so how about scheduling your delivery for Friday? That way, your loved one will enjoy their bouquet, chosen just for them, all weekend long! Shopping early ensures the very best selection and availability; delivering them early gets your romantic weekend off to a beautiful start.
Billy Heroman’s will help you chooses the perfect flowers, and deliver them anywhere across Baton Rouge and beyond. Wherever your sweetheart, surprise them with flowers!