When someone you love is in the hospital, you want to show your support, love, and care for them. Sending gifts, especially flowers, are a great way to do this. Flowers are known to put a smile on their recipient’s face and boost their spirits. But it’s important to know a few things before sending fresh flowers to any medical facility.
That’s why the floral experts at Billy Heroman’s Flowers want to share some professional tips with you about choosing the best get-well flowers and sending them efficiently. Learn what works and doesn’t work in a hospital room, and get some best practices for hospital deliveries.
Choose the Best Get-Well Flowers
With so many varieties of flowers to choose from, it can be difficult to select the perfect get-well flowers. Here are a few tips to keep in mind so you can focus on what will be best for your friend or loved one during their hospital stay.
- Keep them bright and cheerful. Nothing brightens a dull hospital room like a colorful bouquet of flowers. Choose something cheerful like our Saving Grace Bouquet to uplift their spirits.
- Keep them small. Larger bouquets can overwhelm a small space, and might even be in the way in a cramped hospital room. Choose a compact design to keep them more manageable.
- Keep them unbreakable. Since items can be knocked over or may need to be moved, a durable container or vase is preferred in a hospital setting. Protect your beautiful blooms when you opt for a more sturdy container for them.
- Keep them allergy-free. Remember that many people rotate through a hospital room on any given day, so the possibility of an allergy-prone individual encountering your blooms is high. Keep allergens at bay by choosing hypo-allergenic and non-odorous varieties of flowers.
- Keep them long-lasting. A get-well design that can be brought home and easily maintained will be a long-term reminder of your love and support. Long-lasting plants and floral designs will keep a smile on their face long after they’ve gone home.
Saving Grace Bouquet
Send the Perfect Get-Well Message
For thousands of years across nations and cultures, flowers have been used to communicate specific messages or sentiments on special occasions. Make sure your flowers convey the meaning you want to send. Here is a list of a few popular get-well flowers and the message they carry with them.
- Heather: Characterized by deep blue or purple bell-shaped blooms, this low-growing plant symbolizes good luck and protection.
- Peony: The peony’s big, showy open blooms can be seen in a variety of bright colors and represents healing and good health for a happy life.
- Roses: The warmth of orange and yellow roses sends a message of well-wishing and hope for a joyful future.
- Iris: It’s no wonder iris’ are full of promise for the future- “iris” is Greek for rainbow. These bright blue or purple blooms are pretty and cheerful.
- Yellow tulip: Cheerful thoughts of hope and sunshine arrive with these classic, brightly-colored bulbs.
- Daffodil: Symbolizing new beginnings and eternal life, daffodils present as a star-shaped bloom with a smaller star within.
Once you’ve chosen the arrangement that will fill your loved one with hope and joy, be sure to check on the delivery process at their hospital. Do they recommend specific delivery times? Are flowers allowed on your patient’s floor? Pass this information, as well as the hospital’s full name and address, to your florist when you order your flowers. Don’t forget to include your recipient’s full name and room number. The floral professionals at Billy Heroman’s Flowers are glad to help you choose and send the perfect get-well flowers. Talk to us today about our fresh designs, professional services, and best practices. We’re here to help you send the very best.