Thanksgiving season is made for spending time with friends and family to celebrate everything that makes you feel grateful. We love this time of year, and our experts at Billy Heroman’s Florist, serving Baton Rouge and the surrounding areas, can help you choose the perfect gift your Thanksgiving or Friendsgiving host or hostess.
Why It’s So Important to Remember a Hostess Gift
Even if you’re invited to a potluck-style meal for Thanksgiving or Friendsgiving dinner, your hostess still has to put in a lot of extra effort to prepare her home, kitchen, and table for guests. It’s important to show your gratitude — especially on a day that’s all about giving thanks. You can show your host or hostess how much you appreciate them by remembering to bring a gift.
The Perfect Hostess Gifts to Bring to Thanksgiving Dinner
If you can’t make it to your family home for Thanksgiving or simply want to spend a special day with your buddies, that’s what Friendsgiving is for! You can celebrate Friendsgiving on Thanksgiving Day, the Wednesday before, or the week after. Since Friendsgiving meals are usually less formal than other Thanksgiving dinners, you can feel free to have fun with the hostess gift you choose. Pick something personal, rejuvenating, or that will brighten the entire meal.
- A game to play with friends after dinner
- Fuzzy socks with a holiday theme for staying warm and relaxing
- A potted plant or succulent
- A set of turkey-themed kitchen towels
- Seasonally scented candle for an always-cozy home
- A bottle of your friend’s favorite wine or spirits
- A set of fun magnets for the fridge
2. Thanksgiving with Your In-Laws
Vibrant Flower Arrangement – Firelight Ember
Whether you’re meeting your partner’s parents for the first time or have been in the family for a while, you shouldn’t show up to Thanksgiving dinner empty-handed. Show how much you appreciate them welcoming you into their home and lives with a tastefully elegant hostess gift. We recommend choosing items on the higher end of price points and quality to make sure it doesn’t feel like a last-minute gift.
- A stunning, festive floral arrangement in a keepsake container
- Something gourmet, like chocolates or jams, from your hometown
- An expensive bottle of wine paired with a useful accessory, like an aerator
- A set of high-quality cheese knives or serving utensils since these always come in hand on Thanksgiving Day
- A set of whiskey stones and their favorite bottle of spirits
- A decorative platter or personalized cutting board
- A sea salt sampler set
3. Thanksgiving with Your Family
Festive, Bright Flowers – Harvest Colors
If you are spending a traditional Thanksgiving Day at your parents’ or grandparents’ home, you should still show your appreciation with a gift to show your appreciation for all their hard work. We recommend selecting something they’ll get to enjoy after the holiday or an item that will make everyone’s Thanksgiving Day more fun!
- A beautiful bouquet, featuring festive colors, that’s already been trimmed and arranged in a vase
- Sparkling cider so everyone has a special drink for toasting
- Activities, like games or craft projects, for the kids
- New toys to keep the household pets occupied
- A set of holiday cookie cutters for anyone who loves baking
- A bag of fancy coffee to pair with dessert
- A homemade pecan or pumpkin pie in a keepsake pie plate
Find the Perfect Hostess Gift in Baton Rouge
If you’re still not sure what to choose for your Thanksgiving host or hostess, our experts at Billy Heroman’s Florist can help you find the perfect gift. You can never go wrong with flowers, and we have a wide variety of bouquets, arrangements, and centerpieces designed especially for Thanksgiving Day! Stop by any of our locations for help with choosing a beautiful hostess gift.